Sunday, July 5, 2015

Dining With Updates

What a week! I hope everyone had a safe and fun-filled 4th.  This week came with major high points for my family.  Thankful for that!

Ok, so I have been making updates to the Aman abode... or better yet attempting to "finish" it (a term which I will use loosely since nothing is ever finished in a designer/stylist's head).  I still have a few final tweaks to make to the foyer before the reveal... and another project I have yet to share on here, but which I hope to reveal soon, is my basement bathroom.  Hip hip hooray! There are rather small details left to finalize in all these spaces, and I may be a tad picky about those details, but we'll get it done soon! Oh, and let us not forget the master bedroom makeover! That is coming too... we are behind schedule in getting cracking on that one.  I'm in no rush, however... but eager, I am!

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have recently seen the peek into my dining room, which is seeing the beginnings of a gallery wall-- the mirror is from Horchow and the black and white art is from Z Gallerie. Le hubby had framed our family photo for Valentines Day and I have been looking for the perfect spot for it over the last several months. I don't know if it is just me, but I'm pretty decisive when it comes to my clients' or other people's homes.  When it comes to my own home, I'm Queen Indecisive.  Anyhow, after several months, I finally made a decision and put the family photo grouped with this artwork and mirror here. Crazy, isn't it?!  The gallery wall is obvi not finito.  I am on the hunt for two tall, skinny art pieces to frame the current gallery and then I can leave this one be.

  



You may recall my large floor mirror-- which is popular with the mirror-selfie loving ladies (and some gents) including yours truly-- that stood in the corner of this space.  It has found a new home after the incident I blogged about a couple months ago (you can read about it here in case you need a refresher).  I have been thinking of alternative options for this space-- perhaps a narrow table or a brass bar cart.  In fact, I recently found a vintage brass tea/bar cart on Craigslist, but I think I will put that in the basement because otherwise I can see my creative toddlers making it their new toy if they get their hands on it in the dining space.



Can I tell you how uhhbsessed I am with these CB2 chairs.



And that, my friends, is that!  If you have any questions, ask away-- comment below.  Toodles!
 photo ysignaturethree_zps8aefd2c2.png

2 comments:

  1. I adore the moulding details in this room! Swoon!! It's looking great, love your chairs and the trio of chandies as well ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberly! The moulding is original to the house. We just threw on a fresh coat of paint and voila! I have been debating whether to paint the bottom half black or not...

      Delete