Monday, February 23, 2015

Brass, brass and some more brass please

What's shiny and gold and makes Yelda's heart flutter.  Brass, duh.  It may not be 70s/80s, but brass is everywhere and I am really feeling it.  Lovers of interior design have already heard or written about the brass revival, but since my adoration for brass is still going strong I am going to bless this little ole' blog here with some of my own words and images about brass.  Whether beaten, polished, antiqued or distressed, brass is making quite the appearance, including in my own maison (although I am not a huge fan of a polished finish, but not opposed to it). People like to remind me that there will  come a time when it will phase out and cooler metals like chrome and nickel will lead the charge again. Such party poopers, I tell ya. Yes, trends come and go.  Doesn't mean we can't have fun with it!!  I will also add that while trends utlimately phase out, if brass is used wisely and balanced with other metals it can be timeless-- no?

Let's start!

The use of brass does not have to be limited to the hardware and light fixtures in a kitchen.  You probably don't need me to tell you that.  Your kitchen cabinets can be trimmed in brass, not to mention the sink fittings, backsplash and countertops can dazzle in unlacquered brass like this delicious space designed by design god Kelly Wearstler. Holy freaking heaven.


Brass and gold accessories, like this maj mirror and these furniture pieces (that lucite and brass table is a headturner) are also great options for incorporating golden goodness into your interiors...


Brass in cabinet and door handles, like these sexy handles in the lovely Christine Dovey's kitchen...


While this image is not of my house, I have the same door knob prettifying the door to my budoir. It's all in the details, peeps!


I go in a design trance each time I see Genevieve Gorder's guest bathroom.  I heart everything about this bathroom.  The luxe, antique shower head. The stunning marble top sink with brass legs.  How the intricate pattern of the wall tiles (which look like they were imported from Morocco or Turkey, but were not) plays against the checkered flooring.  Last, but certainly not least, the black clawfoot tub.  Sigh. Cannot wait for our next house purchase so I can re-create this.. well, TRY to re-create. 


CB2 really hit it out of the park with this baby.  If you're in the market for a bed, BUY THIS!  It's only $600 in a queen size and $700 in a king size.  Doesn't get any better than this. 





 photo ysignaturethree_zps8aefd2c2.png

3 comments:

  1. We are the biggest fans - adore the brass backsplash in the first image!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous?! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Much appreciated! Hope you continue to enjoy the content here.

      Delete
  2. Right there with you...I'm a brass fanatic! I love the glam and that bed is fantastic. I'm going to check if they ship to Canada

    ReplyDelete