Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Transformation Tuesday: Bathroom Makeovers

It's Tuesday, again, and I am excited to bring you another transformation (sorry, not my humble abode this time!).  Don't you love flipping through the pages of a magazine or perusing the internet and finding before and after photos of designed spaces? Only it's better when someone collects and consolidates a bunch of before and afters for you to scroll through, which is what I have done for my stellar readers (a deed for which you can send me a virtual hug).  Get prepared to start crushing and to get a little... or a lot... envious and inspired all at the same time.  I am about to show you delectable bathroom makeovers I found in the oh so lovely blogosphere.  There is so much freaking inspiration out there.  Lots of design and decor geniuses doing genius things.

First up is my favorite: a NYC rental bathroom-- yep, a rental.  So if you're renting, you're gonna LOVE this one.  Interior designer Nicole Gibbons (founder of So Haute blog) took some simple steps to take this bathroom from boredom and uglydom (I just created a word) to fabulosity!







Nicole had the walls painted black adding contrast against the white tile, replaced the hardware with a brass faucet and brass knobs, switched out the medicine cabinet, and replaced the toilet seat with a vintage-inspired black version--what a great idea (I'm so doing this)! With the right mix of accessories, snazzy hardware, a fresh coat of paint, and curated artwork, you can have this too.  And, the most inexpensive updates are the bathroom rug and bold curtain.



 via Domaine


Looking for more inspiration?  I got you.



The hanging chandy on the coat rack is such a showstopper.  How unexpected in a bathroom (if you have the space for it, of course!).   I am a lover of all clawfoot tubs and this one is no exception. And, last, but certainly not least-- if you have a fireplace in your bathroom: I bow down to you.  That's some serious sh$%.  

Ahhhh exposed brick wall.  Love love love... inspo for my next house.
via Domaine



With some wallpaper, a fresh coat of paint (yes, on the vanity cabinet--you don't even have to replace it!), new hardware, and a new countertop -- you can also achieve a transformed look in your bathroom. The light fixture above the vanity is like wow. 




Looking to make inexpensive, but bold updates to your bathroom -- or want to gut and do some major renovating? Send me a message here and we'll come up with dreamy design plans.  Talk soon!




 photo ysignaturethree_zps8aefd2c2.png

2 comments:

  1. These are unbelievable transformations. The last bathroom is amazing! Happy weekend !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Love hearing from other veteran bloggers =). Agree, that last bathroom is scrumptious-- it's from the Fall 2014 one room challenge. Can't wait to see what's happening in the ORC this go around. P.S. I love your blog! xo

      Delete